Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
1. Relaxation is important, but what can I do for other symptoms that cause me the most problems?
Relaxation is important in that it can positively impact the symptoms of chronic stress and anxiety that is part of our modern lives. This may lead to improvement in many areas of health that are impacted by Chronic Stress, like tension, stiffness, pain, sleep, and energy levels.
Our initial sessions typically last for 60 minutes, after you've determined what kind of benefit the Device provides you can then adjust your session times to better fit your schedule.
3. How long does a patient have to be involved with these sessions?
This really depends upon your health condition and symptoms you're trying to improve. Some conditions are chronic (sometimes they've been with you for many years) and therefore may take several weeks to determine if our sessions may help, some are not and patients may feel better very quickly. Like most natural methods of improving your health (e.g. eating healthier meals, or beginning a new workout regimen), our technology requires a level of commitment on your part to determine how much we can help you. Ultimately, you'll be the best judge of how long and how often.
Pursuant to our request per section 513(g), the FDA indicated that our technology is exempt from Premarket Notification requirements, ie 510(K) , if it is labeled as intended to "enhance feelings of relaxation." This does not mean that it is approved (or cleared) by the FDA.
5. How do I know this works?
Neuromodulation (i.e. the application of electrical or electromagnetic fields to the human body) is a very fast growing field in healthcare, with over $4.5 Billion in revenue for 2010. There are many different FDA approved technologies and well designed clinical studies that demonstrate unequivocally that our body is not just a "chemical system", but an "electrical system." The company that owns Magneceutical™ Health (Pico-Tesla Magnetic Therapies) has studies in both animals and humans that suggests a potential biologic effect in big disease states, with our electromagnetic fields (see website at http://www.pico-tesla.com/). Personally, you'll be the best judge as to what effect our relaxation sessions will have on symptoms that are important to you. Have a look at some testimonials!
7. What is the Theory of Operation (or Mechanism)? Click here to see how it works.
The precise mechanism of operation remains un-established, but the theory as to how the Magnesphere™ device functions can in part be explained by well-accepted principles of Quantum physics and biology. The theory of mechanism is comprised of three basic elements:
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance: The basic principle by which a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) device applies an external magnetic field to alter molecular or atomic targets in the body to achieve its results. The MRI device alters the atoms in the body with a very powerful magnet, in such a dramatic manner as to be able to obtain an image of the body. In contrast, the Magnesphere™ device utilizes the same principle, albeit at targeted field strengths of a much lower level.
- Disease states of any type (e.g. infection, toxic exposures and injuries) induce not only observed macroscopic changes in tissue, but also have molecular, and atomic consequences as well. In a diseased state we suggest that the affected area's atoms (which are themselves small permanent spinning magnets) and their electromagnetic fields are altered, leading to inevitable lost efficiencies in cellular function and communication.
- Determining the appropriate magnetic field strength of a therapy is based on calculations derived from the Jacobson Resonance™ equation. This method starts with: Choosing the correct molecular target(s) for the disease state in question
- Determining the molecular weight of these target molecule(s)
These variables dictate the magnetic field's strength and frequency to be applied. Because these molecular targets are extremely small magnets themselves (ie, a positively charged nucleus surrounded by a negatively charged cloud of electrons), the appropriate magnetic field to be applied by the Magnesphere™ device must also be extremely small.
7. Does your technology treat diseases like arthritis, Parkinson's Disease, fibromyalgia, etc?
No, our sessions enhance feelings of relaxation, and this allows us to address "chronic stress" which is thought to play a key role in many different disease states or conditions. Accordingly, there are a number of studies that support many different aspects of "health improvement" when stress is reduced. To be clear... we DO NOT diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
8. Do you have different magnetic field strengths for different health conditions?
Our research has led us to find that people with different health conditions respond to relaxation signals in different ways, and therefore our proprietary electromagnetic field strengths are changed based upon our experience at maximizing the relaxation effect, for a particular condition.
9. Should I try your relaxation sessions instead of using a drug that my doctor has recommended?
Absolutely not, our relaxation sessions are "complementary" to your healthcare provider's prescribed treatments. Do not use us "instead" of your doctor's recommendations, but in addition to. Please discuss our technology with your healthcare professional and make sure they are aware of and in agreement with your decision.
While we do not know all of the risks associated with this technology, the energy level is so small that it is a fraction of that of the earth's magnetic field, and a trillion times smaller than MRI devices (which themselves are deemed non significant risk by the FDA). Our device has been studied in 8 different clinical research studies and has been designated as "Non Significant Risk" in each of these studies by an independent Institutional Review Board (IRB). This Non Significant Risk designation is specific to the particular protocol and study. Additionally, over 3,500 treatment sessions were conducted during the above described studies without any study related serious adverse events.
Magneceutical™ therapy relaxation sessions should not be administered to Patients with the following Health Conditions: (note we do not have data that indicates our relaxation sessions may adversely impact these conditions, we however, prefer to exclude patients with this risk profile)
- Implanted electrical stimulators in the Brain
- Chronic Atrial Fibrillation (Uncontrolled)
- CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)
- High Blood Pressure (Uncontrolled)
We are very different from every other magnet or magnetic system in use today. The key differences are that we provide: A "whole body" immersion into a uniform electromagnetic field (EMF). We are therefore able to provide a specific field strength over the entire body. In contrast most other systems are treating only one portion of the body, and are doing so with a field that is usually one strength and that is certainly not uniform. A web based learning system, so that as our future research into other health conditions provides more information we will be able to automatically provide this to our healthcare providers and their patients. Finally, our electromagnetic fields (EMF) are specifically tuned for a particular health profile which allows us to have a much greater chance of enhancing relaxation and improving your symptoms than other magnetic systems.
If you are looking to improve your current health and well being, then like most decisions in life, it is a balance of the potential Risk versus the Reward.
Our relaxation sessions involve no drugs, no surgery, and no pain,
- So the potential Risk is that you spend a little time and money and nothing happens, but
- The potential Reward….. is that you improve your HEALTH and Quality of Life!
We can't think of a better reason to give us a try!